Date:      Mon, 03 Jun 2002 11:50:46 -0400
From:      Moti Levy <moti@flncs.com>
To:        rahermon@iastate.edu
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Cyrus-imapd with sendmail setup question

At 08:02 AM 6/3/2002 -0500, rahermon@iastate.edu wrote:
>Using version 2.0.16 from the ports. I am having dificulty having mail
>delivered to my imap server. Accounts are created fine, and user is able
>to connect via client software.
>I am getting sm-mta errors "No such file or directory" on the maillog
>and
>SYSERR(root): makeconnection_ds: unsafe domain socket. A searched for
>the previous error only provided a few hits and I have not been able to
>reach the website for about 2 days.
>I have read the documentation many times but I can not find any hints
>about what to do next. Can anyone be kind enough to point me in the
>right direction.
>
>Regards,
>Ramon

this is from the imap faq :
"Edit /etc/sendmail.mc with care not to add extra spaces and add the following lines(do not copy and paste directly from this text as the tabs won't be added correctly):
  MAILER(local)
  MAILER(cyrus)
  define(`confLOCAL_MAILER',`cyrus')
  LOCAL_RULE_0
  R$=N                   $: $#local $: $1
  R$=N < @ $=w . >       $: $#local $: $1
  Rbb + $+ < @ $=w . >   $#cyrusbb $: $1
Use tabs to separate the data (i.e. R$=N has three tabs between it and $: $#local $: $1) Then run: m4 sendmail.mc > sendmail.cf
"
have you done that ?