Date:      Sun, 23 Jan 2000 18:28:47 -0500
From:      Patrick Gardella <patrick@whetstonelogic.com>
To:        freebsd-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org, freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports/15857: new standalone port of php3 for ports/www

It's been a while since this has been mentioned on the lists, so I
thought I'd revive it. :o)

I would like to recommend that we begin to split off the mod_* from
apache13 so that we can take advantage of the advances in Apache's DSO
functionality.

This would somewhat simplify our ports.  For example, Apache recently
released Apache 1.3.11.  In order to update the ports to this, someone
had to change:
apache13-modssl
apache13-php3
apache13-php4
apache13-ssl

Since we already have mod_perl, mod_dav and apache-jserv as separate
ports, why not complete the task?

Patrick