Date:      Tue, 29 Apr 1997 09:28:32 -0700
From:      Don Wilde <Don@PartsNow.com>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   7860

Hi, Guys -
	Could someone enlighten me as to what the problems are in the
Adaptec 7860 on-board 2940 chip are. Somebody referred to it as
'brain-dead' in an earlier post. I have 2 of the Iwill/Quick Technology
boards running 2.1.7 and one which is a novell server with a 2940 board
added as a duplex controller. I have never had a problem with either of
the BSD systems (both of which are very lightly loaded at the moment),
but my Novell had a seizure for unknown reasons and I am wondering as to
the cause.
	Can somebody enlighten me or point me to a web page with a
discussion of this?
--
  oooOOO O O O o * * *  *   *   *