Date:      Fri, 19 Sep 2003 16:52:01 +0200
From:      Christian Brueffer <chris@unixpages.org>
To:        "Simon L. Nielsen" <simon@freebsd.org>
Cc:        edwin@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Event Calendar

--0vzXIDBeUiKkjNJl

On Fri, Sep 19, 2003 at 04:39:55PM +0200, Simon L. Nielsen wrote:
> On 2003.09.19 14:53:07 +0100, Ceri Davies wrote:
> > On Fri, Sep 19, 2003 at 11:38:43PM +1000, Edwin Groothuis wrote:
> > > Hello webmasters,
> > >=20
> > > During a heated on irc regarding the scheduling of conferences and
> > > possible overlaps, somebody dropped the idea of an event calendar
> > > on the FreeBSD website with for example conferences and release
> > > dates on it.
> > >=20
> > > Simon@ already pointed out that there is a PR for it (www/53674,
> > > look at the Audit-trail for the proper diffs) and I would like to
> > > take the task on me to implement it. Or simon@.
> >=20
> > If there are enough events, and enough people to keep it up to date,
> > I say go for it.  If there aren't enough of either, please don't.
>=20
> The amount of events is one of the reasons why I have been postponing
> this PR a bit, but since there is talk about several BSD conferences
> next year there might be enough...
>=20
> I'm just still unsure on where to have the events section.  The front
> page is already to crowded IMO.
>=20

This shouldn't be an events calender for FreeBSD conferences, but more
a calender of events where there will be a FreeBSD booth or something
(I like the one on the NetBSD front page).

Of course BSD conferences also qualify for that.

I think there will be definetly enough events to fill this.

This section would probably fit as a section under the 'Support' menu
item on the front page, of course on a separate page.

- Christian

--=20
Christian Brueffer	chris@unixpages.org	brueffer@FreeBSD.org
GPG Key:	 http://people.freebsd.org/~brueffer/brueffer.key.asc
GPG Fingerprint: A5C8 2099 19FF AACA F41B  B29B 6C76 178C A0ED 982D

--0vzXIDBeUiKkjNJl

--0vzXIDBeUiKkjNJl--