Date:      Thu, 15 May 2003 11:48:46 +0400
From:      "Sergey A. Osokin" <osa@freebsd.org.ru>
To:        Scott Sewall <sewall@ix.netcom.com>
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Trouble building expect

On Wed, May 14, 2003 at 04:19:01PM -0700, Scott Sewall wrote:

> I'm having some trouble building the expect port on current.  Any pointers
> would be appreciated.
>
> I received the following error building the expect port:
>
> ===>  Configuring for expect-5.38.0_1
> configuring Expect 5.38.0
> checking for autoconf... no
> checking configure up to date... no
> configure: warning: ./configure appears to be old (./configure.in and/or
> ./Makef
> ile.in are newer) and the autoconf program to fix this situation was not
> found.
> If you've no idea what this means, enter the command "touch
> ./configure" and re
> start ./configure.
> ===>  Building for expect-5.38.0_1
> make: cannot open Makefile.
> *** Error code 2
>
> Stop in /usr/ports/lang/expect.
> ===>  Building for expect-5.38.0_1
> make: cannot open Makefile.
> *** Error code 2
>
> I touched ./work/expect-5.38/configure, but continue to get the
> following error:
> ===>  Building for expect-5.38.0_1
> make: cannot open Makefile.
> *** Error code 2
>
> Stop in /usr/ports/lang/expect.
>

> Some specifics about my system:
> radagast# uname -a
> FreeBSD radagast 5.1-BETA FreeBSD 5.1-BETA #1: Mon May 12 15:37:06 PDT
> 2003     root@radagast:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC  sparc64
>
> Last sup'd src and ports 5/12

Hmm, can't reproduce this bug and bento can't reproduce it too:
http://bento.freebsd.org/errorlogs/i386-5-latest-logs/expect-5.38.0_1.log
Try contact with maintainer of this port.
Thank you for report.

--

Rgdz,                        /"\  ASCII RIBBON CAMPAIGN
Sergey Osokin aka oZZ,       \ /    AGAINST HTML MAIL