Date:      Wed, 23 Dec 1998 11:15:08 -0800
From:      "Bruce A. Mah" <bmah@ca.sandia.gov>
To:        Chuck Robey <chuckr@mat.net>
Cc:        FreeBSD-ports@FreeBSD.ORG, bmah@ca.sandia.gov
Subject:   Re: ports/9179: No ports-pilot CVSup collection?

--J2SCkAp4GZ/dPZZf

On Wed, Dec 23, 1998 at 12:01:12PM -0500, Chuck Robey wrote:

> I looked in the /usr/ports/Makefile, saw no pilot, and asked the
> question.  Satoshi has since admitted that a pilot was to be made, and
> asked about correct naming ... maybe you missed that?  Since 3Com got
> into legal problems with the name "pilot", he was asking about, I think,
> "palm" or maybe "palm-pilot" or (I don't remember).  I think, if you
> want the category, you ought to respond here about a better name.
> Satoshi sounded ready to do it.

Actually, I don't have a real strong opinion about whether there is
such a category or what it is called.

Right now, all I'm saying is that I think it'd be less confusing if,
however this shakes out, if the ports that currently list "pilot" as
one of their categories were modified to be consistent with whatever
the final decision is.  I interpreted their Makefiles (and the ports
INDEX file) to mean that there was a pilot category, when in fact
there was not.

Admittedly, my send-pr cited what turned out to be the wrong problem,
and was probably confusing since I failed to state this assumption.
Sorry for the confusion...

Bruce.

--J2SCkAp4GZ/dPZZf

--J2SCkAp4GZ/dPZZf--