Date:      Sun, 20 Sep 1998 15:12:03 -0700
From:      Parag Patel <parag@cgt.com>
To:        Ben Hutchinson <benhutch@xfiles.org.uk>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Star Office 5 on FreeBSD

In message <19980920181911.B21185@xfiles.org.uk>, Ben Hutchinson writes:
>On Mon, Sep 21, 1998 at 01:59:53AM +1200, Andrew McNaughton wrote:
>> www.cdrom.com is advertising a soon to be released port of using
>> Applixware to FreeBSD.  Does anyone have experience with Applixware
on
>> other platforms, or know anything about the port?

I'm running the Linux 4.37 version of Applixware on 3.0-CURRENT (and before that, 2.2-STABLE) just fine.  Works great, doesn't crash, and it's cheap.  Its wordprocessor is sort of like Framemaker-lite (if there was such a thing).  The spreadsheet is usable, but its paint/draw program is close to useless.

Now if someone could talk Apple into porting ClarisWorks to Linux...

	-- Parag