Date:      Fri, 23 Jan 2015 09:49:20 -0800
From:      Steve Robertson <srobertanv@gmail.com>
To:        vbox@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Error message at boot - Shared object "libxml2.so.2" not found, required by "VBoxRT.so"

Hello,

I'm running Virtualbox under FreeBSD-10.1.  I noticed the following
error at boot
    Shared object "libxml2.so.2" not found, required by "VBoxRT.so"

The link, libxml2.so.2, is present in /usr/local/lib/ and points to
libxml2.so.2.9.2

I've tried reinstalling virtualbox-ose, virtualbox-ose-kmod, and libxml2
from ports.
But the error message reappeared at the next reboot.

The currently installed versions are:
    virtualbox-ose-kmod-4.3.20
    virtualbox-ose-4.3.20_4
    libxml2-2.9.2_2

For an experiment I temporarily copied the libxml2* files and linked
them in /lib.
The result was that the libxml2 message was gone but a new error occured.
    Shared object *"libcurl.so.4"* not found, required by "VBoxRT.so"
So I think the problem is that /usr/local/lib isn't in the search path
at the time it's searched.

Please let me know if I can provide any other information that can help
troubleshoot the problem.

Thank You

Steve Robertson