Date:      Tue, 11 Jan 2000 16:30:17 +0100
From:      Pascal Hofstee <daeron@shadowmere.student.utwente.nl>
To:        Alfred Perlstein <bright@wintelcom.net>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: freezing...

On Mon, Jan 10, 2000 at 02:21:56PM -0800, Alfred Perlstein wrote:
> * Matthew Dillon <dillon@apollo.backplane.com> [000110 12:11] wrote:
> >     I've reproduced the softupdates ftruncate panic and have a core dump
> >     to play with.
>
> I don't have a panic, but rather many processes start to get stuck
> in "getblk", unfortunatly they all don't stem from a common codepath,
> although the first process that wedged appears to have come through
> indir_trunc:

I just experienced the same thing here on my CURRENT system with Kirk's
latest SoftUpdates patches included. i have right now a buildworld stuck in
"getblk" on rm ... and a "getblk" hang for Mozilla Tinderbox Build on gcc.

The Mozilla Tinderbox build "hang" however seems to be reproducible.
I have had two consecutive "hangs" at the same spot:

	checking for gtk-config... /usr/X11R6/bin/gtk-config

which results in a stuck gcc process.
I will try to build a kernel with kdb support as soon as my buildworld
finishes (if it will finish) and see if I can provide a proper backtrace.

--
  Pascal Hofstee - daeron@shadowmere.student.utwente.nl