Date:      Thu, 7 Jul 2011 06:29:44 -1000
From:      parv@pair.com
To:        n dhert <ndhertbsd@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: p5-ExtUtils-MakeMaker-6.56_1 and p5-ExtUtils-Install-1.54_1 conflict

in message <CAEFCw4tenTM8+DL45efbR8eUjH3wKCTwKR3_cComsRcmMc99Bg@mail.gmail.com>,
wrote n dhert thusly...

> p5-ExtUtils-MakeMaker-6.56_1 and p5-ExtUtils-Install-1.54_1
> conflict both telling that the other one should be deleted.
> so far, I opted for keeping p5-ExtUtils-Install-1.54_1, deleting
> p5-ExtUtils-MakeMaker-6.56_1, is this wise or should it be the
> other way round?  or what?

I would say keep EU::MM, delete EU::I for now (see below & other
recent message by Matthew S).

> There's nothing in /usr/ports/UPDATING about that..

For background refer to ...

  http://cpansearch.perl.org/dist/ExtUtils-Install/Changes

... which, in short, shows the EU::I extracted from EU::MM is slowly
diverging from its origin; work is ongoing to keep it compatible
with the EU::MM version of the installed files.

  - parv