Date:      Mon, 07 Oct 2002 20:05:52 +0100
From:      Mark Murray <mark@grondar.za>
To:        "M. Warner Losh" <imp@bsdimp.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Do we still need portmap(8)?

> In message: <20021007063250.GF14070@wantadilla.lemis.com>
>             "Greg 'groggy' Lehey" <grog@FreeBSD.ORG> writes:
> : It's been a while since we've used portmap(8) on -CURRENT systems.  Is
> : it still needed, or can it be removed completely?  At the very least,
> : the man page should stop claiming that it's necessary to run NFS.
>
> I think that we need a mtree.obsolete that goes through and deletes
> these sorts of things as part of installworld/upgrade scripts.

Having something that warns may be a good idea. Having something
that auto-deletes less so. I sometimes keep old stuff on purpose
to prevent foot-shooting when the replacement is not up to scratch.

No objection if mergemaster asks permission to delete stuff, for
example.

o       Mark Murray
\_
O.\_    Warning: this .sig is umop ap!sdn