Date:      Mon, 19 Oct 2009 22:19:44 +0100
From:      David Collins <davidcollins001@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   mailx folder-hook

Hi,

First off I know this isn't the place for this question and it is
totally off topic, but I have been searching the internet for ages and
have read the relevant section of the man page a number of times and
tried a number of combination and I still can't figure this out. I am
asking here because of all the forum/mailing lists that I see this one
is one of the most knowledgable so someone here will probably know the
answer.

I have been using heirloom mailx to get some work based imap email,
and I want to use it to read the questions here too, since it is
easier. However there is quite a lot of traffic and I would like to
filter mail but I can't get it to work.

in my .mailrc I have the following:

## gmail imap account
account ml {
    ## open inbox
    set folder=imaps://user@imapserver/Inbox
}

## set up mail filters
## move freebsd questions mail the the freebsd_questions folder
define freebsd_questions {
    move (text "freebsd-questions@freebsd.org") @freebsd_questions
}
set folder-hook-imap://davidcollins001ml@imap.gmail.com/Inbox=freebsd_questions

All mail gets delivered and if I type 'call freebsd_questions' all the
mail gets moved, but it won't do it when I login. Does anyone have any
ideas about what I am doing wrong?

David