Date:      16 Nov 2004 10:34:58 -0500
From:      Mark Evenson <evenson@panix.com>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   portupgrade after cvsup always rebuilds /usr/ports/INDEX

After running a cvsup of /usr/ports, portupgrade now always rebuilds the
/usr/ports/INDEX file which takes a *long* time.  I really don't remember
ever seeing this behavior before the last week or so.  Does anyone know how
to prevent this behavior?

As I understand it, if the cvsup process also downloads the
/usr/ports/INDEX file along with the rest of the collection, its update
should not be necessary.  Did the cvsup server "network" stop distributing
an up-to-date INDEX recently?

--
Mark Evenson <evenson@panix.com>

"A screaming comes across the sky.  It has happened before, but there is
nothing to compare to it now."