Date:      Thu, 1 Apr 1999 20:31:50 -0800
From:      Roger Fischer <roger@badger1.net>
To:        freebsd-small@freebsd.org
Subject:   Newbie Network questions

I hope that these questions aren't too stupid.
I'm sorta a newbie at this.

I've got the dial-up version of picoBSD running on my
Mac running VirtualPC.  (Boots right up really slick like)

I'll be running in on an IBM ThinkPad with a PCI ethernet card
too.

Question,
Is there a command similar to dmesg to see what hardware pico
recognizes?  Stuff on bootup scrolls by too fast to read.

VirtualPC emulates a DEC 21041 based PCI Ethernet card.

How do I configure the ethernet interface?  I didn't see
it in the FAQ.

Another question concerning mounting my DOS partitions.
mount -t msdos /dev/wd0s1 /dos
works to mount the c: partition on my WinNT machine at
work.  What would be the device of my D: partition?
Is there a way to view the partitions on the harddisk?

And, this command didn't work to mount the hard drive
partitions on Virtual PC.  I got an error that states...
	msdos: /dev/wd0s1: Device not configured

Any ideas?

sorry if these are totally stupid questions.

Thanks,
Roger

Roger Fischer  roger@badger1.net  http://www.badger1.net
When once you have tasted flight, you will always walk
the earth with your eyes turned skyward; for there you
have been and there you will always be.
                           -Leonardo da Vinci  1452-1519