Date:      Tue, 8 May 2001 13:36:34 -0400
From:      Rocco Caputo <troc@netrus.net>
To:        Rocco Caputo <troc@netrus.net>
Cc:        Doug Russell <drussell@saturn-tech.com>, Jonathan Belson <jon@witchspace.com>, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Lockups with -Stable on Athlon

On Tue, May 08, 2001 at 10:01:52AM -0400, Rocco Caputo wrote:
[...]
> I stupidly deleted the source, and the binary is for Windows, and the
> machine is on its way to a repair facility, so about all I can offer
> sourcewise is an untested rewrite from memory.

I rewrote the program (as best as I could remember it) for FreeBSD at
Tom's request.  He's able to run it fine, although it exhausts his
swap space.  I can't raise my memory limits high enough to test it, so
your guess is as good as mine whether it works.

The source code is at <http://poe.perl.org/misc/athlon-stress.c.gz>.

-- Rocco Caputo / troc@netrus.net / poe.perl.org / poe.sourceforge.net