Date:      Mon, 10 Jul 2006 20:56:14 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Peter <petermatulis@yahoo.ca>
To:        freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   been buggin' me for a while now (console resolution)

Hi, I am running 5.4-STABLE and I would like to have better resolution
(more lines and columns) when I boot into console.  I used to be able
to issue a command once there but I have forgotten that command.  I
remember trying to allude to it via rc.conf or a startup file
(rc.local?) but it did not work.  It seems to me that I needed the
following in my rc.conf as a pre-requisite:

font8x8="iso-8x8.fnt"
font8x14="iso-8x14.fnt"
font8x16="iso-8x16.fnt"

So does anyone know how I can automatically get smaller fonts in my
console?

Thanks,

Peter