Date:      Wed, 13 Oct 1999 08:35:26 -0400
From:      Thomas Stromberg <tstromberg@rtci.com>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Still waiting for xl driver reports

Jim Bloom wrote:

> I keep seeing a watchdog timeout with my 3c905B-TX every time the machine
> boots.  It seems to occur after everything has been probed and /etc/rc has
> completed; around the time I get my login banner. I am running the dhcp client
> to get my IP address.  I don't pound on the network very much so I can't tell
> you how performance is.
>
> Jim Bloom

I get the same..

dmesg:
------
xl0: <3Com 3c905C-TX Fast Etherlink XL> irq 11 at device 14.0 on pci0
xl0: Ethernet address: 00:50:da:07:87:4c
..
sio1 at port 0x2f8-0x2ff irq 3 on isa0
sio1: type 16550A
sio2: not probed (disabled)
sio3: not probed (disabled)
changing root device to wd0s1a
WARNING: / was not properly dismounted
xl0: watchdog timeout
xl0: promiscuous mode enabled
xl0: watchdog timeout

uname:
------
FreeBSD asho.zarathushtra.org 4.0-CURRENT FreeBSD 4.0-CURRENT #0: Tue
Oct 12 14:23:39 EDT 1999
saoshyant@asho.zarathushtra.org:/usr/src/sys/compile/SPENTA_MAINYU  i386