Date:      Sun, 26 Nov 2000 19:35:07 -0800 (PST)
From:      Annelise Anderson <andrsn@andrsn.stanford.edu>
To:        Matthew Peacock <Mattp@innerrange.com.au>
Cc:        "'questions@freebsd.org'" <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Please help with linux compatibility

What version of FreeBSD is that?  It's probably no longer necessary to
type "linux" at the prompt (or it's out of date).  If you type
kldstat, you should see
linux.ko.  If not, as root, load the kernel module, linux, with the
command kldload linux.  Then kldstat should see it loaded.

Then your linux stuff should work, without any special references to
the linux compat stuff in /usr/compat/linux.

So, you've done everything right, just something more to do.

Annelise