Date:      Mon, 20 Sep 2004 12:36:19 +0100
From:      Jonathon McKitrick <jcm@FreeBSD-uk.eu.org>
To:        Subhro <subhro.kar@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Need help with dying drive/restoring data

On Mon, Sep 20, 2004 at 09:26:18AM +0530, Subhro wrote:
: Which media do you intend to backup to? If I were in your place, I
: would just tar the /home and the /etc and put it on a USB drive or on
: a CDR/DVDR if you have a burner. However, Are you sure that the drive
: is fixed firmly into the drive bay and you are seating the laptop on a
: sturdy base?

I took the drive out of the bay and reinserted it.  It was working fine
until a few days ago.  I started hearing the clanking, then yesteday, it
never finished the startup process.

My last backup was to my server, then to CDR.

jm
--
My other computer is your Windows box.