Date:      Sat, 24 Jan 1998 07:06:14 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Donn Miller <dmm125@bellatlantic.net>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   doscmd & vga (raw mode)

I had a question about doscmd...  I know that raw mode isn't yet
supported, and neither is vga mode.  Does it need to cooperate with
syscons via the libvgl interface, or does it directly access video memory
via the bios/other?  Does raw mode work on BSDI?  I tried executing a
self-displaying picture with doscmd -r picture.exe and got
doscmd: fatal error reading program text.  What needs to be done to do
access VGA?  Also, VGA should be doable under X, even though it would be
much tougher.

Thanks,
	Donn

P.S. This is far fetched, but I thought I might even be possible to do a
non-vga (libvga, syscons) port of netscape since the sources are going to
be released soon.  This could be tough.