Date:      Tue, 10 Jul 2012 16:05:39 +0300
From:      Toomas Aas <toomas.aas@raad.tartu.ee>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   curl error: SSL_write() returned SYSCALL, errno = 32

Hello!

Recently I upgraded a lot of ports on one of our FreeBSD 7.4 servers.
Among others I upgraded curl from 7.19.6 to 7.24.0, and php from
5.2.11 to 5.3.13. PHP's curl extension is also installed.

After the upgrade, an application which tries to POST some data over
https using PHP's curl_exec() function, is having trouble.
curl_error() returns the following after the POST request:

SSL_write() returned SYSCALL, errno = 32

Remote end to which the POST is submitted says simply "Invalid POST
request" and they have told me that the request is truncated
(content-length header does not match the actual content length).

curl is installed with SSL support, using the base system OpenSSL.

I tried to google for this error, but only thing that turns out is
basically 'try to update curl', but I am already on latest. Any ideas
on how to fix this or debug further?

--
Toomas Aas