Date:      Wed, 23 Jun 2004 01:12:09 +0900
From:      Hajimu UMEMOTO <ume@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Bruce M Simpson <bms@spc.org>
Cc:        fenner@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: tcp_wrappers: accumulated change-request PRs

Hi,

>>>>> On Tue, 22 Jun 2004 16:32:07 +0100
>>>>> Bruce M Simpson <bms@spc.org> said:

bms> Whilst scanning GNATS, I found a number of PRs relating to requests
bms> for tcp_wrappers functionality and some outright bugfixes.  Rather than
bms> commit these as-is, I think we should push the changes back to Wietse,
bms> as we maintain tcp_wrappers on a vendor branch.

bms> The PRs in question are:
bms> http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=bin/31034
bms> http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=bin/32808
bms> http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=misc/36556
bms> http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=misc/42336

bms> What does everyone else think?

Many part of our code is already off a vender branch since IPv6
support, and it seems Wietse doesn't maintain tcp_wrappers actively.
So, I think it is better to integrate tcp_wrappers into our tree
rather than maintaining it in contrib like NetBSD does.

Sincerely,

ume@mahoroba.org  ume@{,jp.}FreeBSD.org
http://www.imasy.org/~ume/