Date:      Wed, 29 May 1996 10:29:42 -0400
From:      Garrett Wollman <wollman@lcs.mit.edu>
To:        grog@lemis.de (Greg Lehey)
Cc:        chris@enteract.com (dcastle), questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: booting takes forever

<<On Wed, 29 May 1996 12:39:18 +0200 (MET DST), grog@lemis.de (Greg Lehey) said:

> The first case suggests that you probably have something like

>    route_loopback="${hostname} localhost"

> The answer to this one, which is especially important if you're on a
> dialup link, is to add the fully qualified name.  For example, I have:

>    route_loopback="${hostname} localhost.lemis.de."

Actually, the /correct/ answer is to get rid of this !@#%
route_loopback nonsense.  It serves no useful function.  If you really
insist on keeping it, bear in mind that it is NEVER correct to use
names in `ifconfig' and `route' commands.

-GAWollman

--
Garrett A. Wollman   | Shashish is simple, it's discreet, it's brief. ...
wollman@lcs.mit.edu  | Shashish is the bonding of hearts in spite of distance.