Date:      Fri, 29 Jan 2016 06:14:36 -0600
From:      Marius Schamschula <lists@schamschula.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Installing owncloud downgrades mysql57

Hi there,

I=92m new to FreeBSD, but rather familiar to *NIX OSs (20 years of =
various flavors of Linux, IRIX and (Mac) OS X/Darwin).

I'm attempting to install owncloud-8.2.2 under FreeBSD 10.2.

I previously have installed mysql57 client and server. To my dismay I =
find

Installed packages to be REMOVED:
	mysql57-server-5.7.10_1
	mysql57-client-5.7.10_1

to be replaced by=20
	mysql56-client: 5.6.27

No mention no replacement of mysql56-server. I=92m not sure how owncloud =
is expected to work w/o a working mysql-server. Never mind that there =
may be backward incompatible changes between mysql56 and mysql57.

It is somewhat unclear to me where in the dependency tree =
mysql56-client: 5.6.27 is specified, i.e. if owncloud or one of its =
dependencies makes this request.

I suppose I could do a mysqldump, and restore into mysql56-server, but I =
really want to be using the current stable branch (as defined upstream).

Is there any way to specify which version of mysql to use, i.e. a =
variant? Under MacPorts I=92d use something like

port install owncloud +mysql57

(if there were such a package - the case insensitive files system =
precludes installing owncloud under OS X).

Marius
--
Marius Schamschula