Date:      Mon, 25 Jan 1999 09:20:06 -0800 (PST)
From:      John Polstra <jdp@polstra.com>
To:        Sheldon Hearn <axl@iafrica.com>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Stale files in /usr/lib

On 25-Jan-99 Sheldon Hearn wrote:

> On Mon, 25 Jan 1999 08:32:17 PST, John Polstra wrote:
>
>> Yes, they all reside in /usr/lib/aout now.
>
> So then for a machine that makes world with -DNOAUT they don't exist,
                                              -DNOAOUT
> assuming all ports have been rebuilt for an ELF world, yes?

I don't know -- I've never used -DNOAOUT. :-)  Somebody else will
have to answer that one.

Note, without those files you'll never again be able to link an a.out
program on the machine.  Are you sure you really want that limitation?

John
---
  "Nobody ever went broke underestimating the taste of the American public."
                                                            -- H. L. Mencken