Date:      Thu, 23 Apr 1998 18:11:14 -0500 (CDT)
From:      John Kenagy <jktheowl@bga.com>
To:        "Jason C. Wells" <jcwells@u.washington.edu>
Cc:        FreeBSD-advocacy <freebsd-advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: An idea for promoting FreeBSD

On Thu, 23 Apr 1998, Jason C. Wells wrote:

> On Wed, 22 Apr 1998, David Greenman wrote:
>
> > FreeBSD will go in both directions - they aren't mutually exclusive, after
> > all.
>
> Here Here! (one of these days I will figure out how to spell this)
>
> I would go so far as to say that FreeBSD has already gone in that
> direction.

It has for me. When this sub-tread started, I said "Hey, that's my
idea!" :-)

I had thought of setting up internal documentation servers for very
small companies. They can never find anything. (speaking from personal
experience!)

I have several pc's at home networked. All run FreeBSD and X. The server
runs Apache, NIS, NFS, and holds *all* documentation.  If anyone
needs to have a question answered, they can read the online docs via
a local web page, or search the docs, or search the _latest_ docs at
freebsd.org. Selecting a search result will bring up the local doc
or auto dial, connect, and go to freebsd.org.

Package this configuration and you have a ready to run tool which is
usefull and extensible.

John