Date:      Fri, 28 Apr 1995 22:45:32 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Ron Porter <porter@fozzie.chem.wisc.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freefall.cdrom.com
Subject:   can't telnet to my system

Hello all,
  I recently installed the 950412 SNAP on my system. I seem to be having
a problem telneting into the box from outside our gateway.I have always
telneted to my sys from two places 1)a UNIX (Ultrix) machine from within
our building, and thus on the same side of the gateway and 2)from home
via a slip connection to our comp sci dept., on the outside of our
gateway. In the past whenever i could telnet from within our building
and not from home it was because the default route to the gateway was
not set(due to a restart without having a route add statment
automatically running from the startup script). But since i have updated
to the 950412 SNAP i can't telnet in from home, even with the default
route set. I can telnet from inside our gateway? What haven't i done?
any suggestions?
Ron
--
[Ronald W. Porter----------------][-486DX-40 8Mbs-------------------]
[Univ. Of Wisconsin--Go Bucky!!--][-Running FreeBSD2.0(950412 SNAP)-]