Date:      Wed, 10 May 2000 22:09:50 -0600
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        Sergey Babkin <babkin@bellatlantic.net>
Cc:        Peter Jeremy <peter.jeremy@alcatel.com.au>, wc.bulte@chello.nl, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Can NMI drop a hanging FreeBSD kernel into DDB?

In message <391A1F35.23F38D4A@bellatlantic.net> Sergey Babkin writes:
: Seems like most of the modern machines just don't have that
: pin on the PCI bus connected anywhere. But on most of them
: (though not all) the pin on ISA works. Some high-end machines
: like Unisys or Compaq have an NMI button on the box (sometimes
: under the cover).

IOCHK* isn't on the PCI bus at all.  You have to do weird things for
it to generate an NMI that I've never quite worked out.  I sure wish I
could get the pcccard bus (and/or cardbus) to genereate NMIs for
laptop hacking at times.

Warner