Date:      Fri, 28 Jun 2002 19:04:02 -0700
From:      "Brian M. Kincaid" <bmk@adsl-64-174-159-18.dsl.sntc01.pacbell.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Multibooting FBSD, WinME and WinXP -- how do you do it?

Hello,

I need some help in setting up a multiboot environment with FreeBSD, WinME,
and WinXP. I have separate disks available to be dedicated to each operating
system.

I have been running a dual-boot system with FreeBSD-WinME for some time with
no problems. When I bought a new machine, it came with WinXP with lots of
bells and whistles. I installed FreeBSD 4.6 on one of the extra disks, and I
have been running a dual-boot FreeBSD and WinXP system for about a week.

Certain critical Windows applications just plain don't work under WinXP, and
the NTFS drivers in FreeBSD apparently support reading but not writing of NTFS
file systems mounted under FreeBSD. I have become quite used to being able to
read and write FAT32-based files directly from FreeBSD.

Hence, I decided to try to go the triple-boot route.

Any suggestions,

Thanks in advance

Brian
--