Date:      Mon, 08 Apr 2002 09:34:18 -0400
From:      "Jonathan Arnold" <jdarnold@buddydog.org>
To:        "Mark A. Hummel" <mhumm2@mchsi.com>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Startx, xdm, and kdm Danger???

>4.4r with KDE 2.2.  I want FBSD to start up in KDE, but I know I need a
>script to do that.  The script was about 5 lines long, but I no longer

Hmm, what script would that be? And are you talking about starting KDE
when you log in, or to have the KDM login manager?

>xdm takes me to an xterm login screen even after I've already logged

You must have xdm running, not kdm. See the following for help:

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/x-xdm.html

and just use kdm whereever it says xdm.

>in.  Loging in again gets me to KDE, but when I logout, I get stuck in

Yes, so you have your .xinitrc set up to run KDE, so you're all set. But
if you want to run kdbm, see the above link for how to do it.

--
Jonathan Arnold     (mailto:jdarnold@buddydog.org)
Daemon Dancing in the Dark, a FreeBSD weblog: