Date:      Wed, 8 Apr 1998 13:19:27 -0400
From:      Brian Reichert <reichert@numachi.com>
To:        Kartik Narayan <kartik@irdu.nus.edu.sg>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: dhcpc and ed3 interface

On Wed, Apr 08, 1998 at 11:35:49AM +0800, Kartik Narayan wrote:
> Have you built enough bpf devices in /dev? I had a similar problem and
> it was (embarassingly) pointed out to me that I did not have enough of
> them. Make bpf0 through 4 and try.

Well, the kernel line says '4', so I made bpf[0-3].  Should I have
build up to 4?

Even still, it wasn't bitching about not being able to open a bpf
device, it was claiming my ed3 interface 'wan't configured for
dhcp'.

> Alternatively you can try using the
> isc-dhcp client. (www.isc.org). Works quite well for me, and yes, I'm
> using a NE2000 clone too...

Yours is the second suggestion to try the isc-dhcp client.  I had
gotten the impression from the mail archives that the wide-dhcpc
client was more solid.

Does the general public (ie. us :0 have a good 'feel' for which of
these clients is presently more stable?

--
Brian Reichert				reichert@numachi.com
37 Crystal Ave. #303			Current daytime number: (617)-873-4337