Date:      Thu, 10 Jun 1999 12:07:35 +0200
From:      "nunnari" <roberto.nunnari@agie.ch>
To:        stable <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   forgot root password!!

Hi there.

Can anybody tell me how I can solve this problem?
I tried to boot using the boot/fixit floppies but it doesn't
work. When I select fixit from the boot menu, it asks for
the fixit floppy but then when trying to read it, it hangs.
I also tried the holo..shell on VT4, but from that shell
I can't even issue ls nor anything else (probably I should
mount a filesystem first???) as it not recognized as a
command.

I'm using FreeBSD 3.0
Any advice/hints?

Best regards.