Date:      Wed, 29 Jan 2003 20:20:22 +0100
From:      "Stacy Olivas" <olivas@digiflux.org>
To:        <bsd-advocacy@daemonnews.org>
Cc:        <advocacy@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: [bsd-advocacy] Wait for me!

> Stacy Olivas wrote:
> > As for involvement, I've stated before that we should get
> this setup first
> > and then
> > approach the project leads on the other *BSD families.
> Overdiversification
> > can lead to disaster just as
> > underdiversification can lead to disaster.  If you start
> with too much too
> > soon, you are probably
> > going to drive yourself crazy.... If you start with too little,....
> >
> > Just my 2 cents. :)
>
> I agree - what I was trying to communicate is to get a
> framework for the
> future integration of the other BSD's - that way we aren't
> restructuring
> after we have already started.  Once the concepts are firmed
> into place,
> we can allow other BSD's to join in.

I posted an initial idea for the project charter on the list.. before I saw
your input.. It can be
easily modified for this organization structure... Something like this:

3. Organization.

    a.  The PubRel team will consist of not less than five (5) core team
members.
    b.  Each of the *BSD family of OS's will organize five people from their
respective
        communities.  A person cannot be member of the core team for more
than one *BSD community.
    b.  Each of these core team members will share an equal vote on all
matters
        related to the project.
    c. One member from each of the community core teams will be designated
as the "head" of the that
       communities PubRel project team.  The "head" will be the identifiable
lead person in the team
       and have the ability to push their respective in a a given direction
to help allevaite deadlock.
    d. Each core team member will have specific responsibilities assignem to
them.  These responsibilities
       are as follows:

       (1) Team Head

           (a) Overall project management and primary point of contact\
           (b) Responsible for press releases to on-line media outlets
(including Slashdot)

       (2) Team member #1

           (a) Rrcruting new advocates and providing assistance to advocates
           (b) Responsible for press releases to Magazines (print, exclusing
trade publications)

       (3) Team member #2

           (a)
           (b) Responsible for press releases to Newspapers

       (4) Team member #3

           (a)
           (b) Responsible for press releases to Trade Publications

       (5) Team member #5
           (a)
           (b) Resoinsible for press releases to....

    e.  New core team members can be added only upon a unanimous vote from
all current team members.
    f.  Team members can only be removed upon a unanimous vote from all
current team members and
        a minimum of 3 votes from the current FreeBSD project core team.

    g. Core council:
       (1) Each team "head" will be that team's designated representative in
the core council.
       (2) The core council will have final authority over all aspects of
the PubRel project.
       (3) All core council members will have equal status/vote in the
council.. No one member of the council
           will be "over" the rest of the council members.
       (4) Items appearing before the council must be decided as follows:
           (a) A 2/3rds vote must be reached on any issue appearing before
the council, otherwise
               that issue will be considered dead and cannot be acted upon
by any members of the
               PubRel project.
           (b) Issues previously reject can appear again before the council,
only after a) the
               aspects of the issue that caused the item to be dropped are
redefined or b)
               90 days have passed, whichever happens first.
           (c) No member of the core council can be removed by a vote of the
council.  Removal
               of members from the core council can only occur if the
respective communities
               core team votes to remove that invididual from their team or
as team "head".

Did I miss anything?  Sounds pretty democratic huh?