Date:      Fri, 2 Nov 2001 18:23:54 +0100 (CET)
From:      Cyrille Lefevre <clefevre@citeweb.net>
To:        Alexey Zelkin <phantom@ark.cris.net>
Cc:        freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: docs/31703: TIDYFLAGS cann't work correctly

Alexey Zelkin wrote:

> On Fri, Nov 02, 2001 at 06:40:03AM -0800, Cyrille Lefevre wrote:
>
> >  > and doc.html.mk as following style.
> >  >  TIDYFLAGS?=    -i -m -f /dev/null
> >  >
> >  > Therefore, in building html document using TIDYFLAGS,
> >  > tidy option `-i -m -f /dev/null' is forgot.
> >  > Thus TIDY outputs revised html doeucment to stdout
> >  > and html documents on disk are not revised.
> >
> >  it is better to add the following line to doc.docbook.mk, etc.
> >
> >  	TIDYOPTS= -i -m -f /dev/null ${TIDYFLAGS}
>
> TIDYFLAGS+= -i -m -f /dev/null

as I said, this isn't homogeneous w/ this and other Makefiles.
more constructions (in doc) uses ?= than +=, and this prevent
users from overwritting TIDYOPTS (and such) as they whish.
imagine a minute I don't want -i or -f /dev/null for any reason ?
using += prevent this and I have to manually edit doc.docbook.mk
to do so.

Cyrille.
--
Cyrille Lefevre                 mailto:clefevre@citeweb.net