Date:      Fri, 18 Jun 1999 09:35:21 +1000 (EST)
From:      John Birrell <jb@cimlogic.com.au>
To:        grog@lemis.com (Greg Lehey)
Cc:        jake@checker.org, FreeBSD-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: vinum in -current

Greg Lehey wrote:
> On Thursday, 17 June 1999 at  9:18:27 -0700, Jake Burkholder wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > /sys/modules/Makefile:
> > # XXX vinum removed pending cdevsw changes review by grog.
> >
> > will a module from before the change (May 23rd) work with a new kernel?
> > or can the patches that were sent be made available?
>
> Ugh.  Somebody (I know who, but I'm not going to put him to shame in
> public) told me that phk had committed the changes.  I didn't know
> that jb then went and removed them.  I know we've been flaming phk for
> committing changes without reference, but since I was unreachable for
> a long time, I believe this was the correct thing to do.  I'll review
> the changes and reenable the build.  Sorry for the delay.

<Grumble>

Hey, that's not true!

phk noted in his commit message for all the _other_ stuff that he had
posted vinum and i4b patches to the respective owners for review. I sent
him mail saying that you were travelling and that he probably should
commit the vinum patches without the review. He said he would prefer to
take vinum out of the build instead. He said he would be offline for a
few hours and if I was online, would I go ahead and make the commit.
So I committed just the makefile change to prevent the build from
failing. Check the cvs history and you will find _no_ vinum commits
from me!

</Grumble>

--
John Birrell - jb@cimlogic.com.au; jb@freebsd.org http://www.cimlogic.com.au/
CIMlogic Pty Ltd, GPO Box 117A, Melbourne Vic 3001, Australia +61 418 353 137