Date:      Mon, 19 Mar 2007 10:54:41 -0500
From:      "Keith E. Brandt, M.D." <wd9get@amsat.org>
To:        "Kevin Downey" <redchin@gmail.com>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        stenn@ntp.isc.org
Subject:   Re: IPv4 loopback - solved

>>Disregard - I found the 'network_interfaces' line of rc.conf was
>>lacking lo0. I added it back in and it seems to be booting correctly.
>unless you are sure you need the 'network_interfaces' line in rc.conf
>I would comment it out. the default value for it in 6.2 is 'auto' and
>I have never seen that not work.

I commented it out, and it rebooted with the proper configuration.
The strange thing is I installed the default configuration, did not
add in the 'network_interfaces' line manually, and have not edited
the /etc/defaults/rc.conf file. So I'm not sure how it got broken in
the first place.

Bottom line is all is up and running now.

Thanks!

LtCol Keith E. Brandt, MD, MPH
USAF-NASA Aerospace Medicine Liaison Officer
Johnson Space Center, Houston, Texas
wd9get@amsat.org

Goodbye cruel world that was my home-
   there's cleaner space out here to roam
Put my feet up on the moons of Mars-
   sit back, relax, and count the stars

*This message transmitted with 100% recycled electrons