Date:      Wed, 30 Jan 2019 18:57:08 +0100
From:      Phil Norman <philnorm@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   X11 on Ryzen 2400G?

Hi.

I recently got a Ryzen 2400G, which has on-board AMD Vega 11 graphics. I
can get a console to display via the motherboard's on-board HDMI, but
haven't been able to get Xorg working yet. I'm trying the 'amdgpu' driver,
and am using an xorg.conf file generated with 'Xorg -configure' (albeit
hand-tweaked to get rid of the nonexistent second screen it added, and fix
a few more things).

My understanding is that the driver is likely borrowed from linux, and
(from http://forum.mxlinux.org/viewtopic.php?t=46887) Vega support only
started working with linux kernel 1.19. The /var/log/Xorg.0.log file says
that the amdgpu module was 'compiled for 1.18.4, module version = 18.1.0'.
Does the 1.18.4 refer to a linux kernel version? If so, what's my best
solution here? Should I just wait until the FreeBSD drivers are updated? Is
there anything I can do in the meantime?

Thanks in advance,
Phil