Date:      Sun, 22 Mar 2009 02:04:14 -0400
From:      Glen Barber <glen.j.barber@gmail.com>
To:        Tim Judd <tajudd@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: installing ports xorg

On Sat, Mar 21, 2009 at 10:20 PM, Tim Judd <tajudd@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm getting ZERO feedback when I install the xorg metaport, updated
> ports tree today.
>
> # cd /usr/ports/x11/xorg
> # make install
> #
>

> So what am i missing?

If xorg is already installed, you won't see any output.  This is
"expected" behavior, as far as I can tell.  What happens on 'make
deinstall; make fetch-recursive; make install' ?

> http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en/books/handbook/x-install.html
> tells me to install this port.
>

> I even deleted /var/db/pkg/* and /var/db/ports/* to try to hook it to
> install... =A0Retrying the above install every time. =A0Nothing works.
>
> What to do?

I have seen this behavior before, and resorted to removing all
packages and rebuilding.  (Probably not the solution you are after.)

--=20
Glen Barber