Date:      Mon, 20 May 2002 10:52:24 -0500
From:      "Raja Velu" <raja@micronetusa.com>
To:        "'Jason Taylor'" <jason+freebsd@kanda.com>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: Question on testing UVSCAN

> installed UVSCAN
> > >
> > > My output is:
> > >
> > > -rw-r--r--  1 jason  jason  69 Oct  5  2000 EICAR.COM
> > > MD5 (EICAR.COM) = 69630e4574ec6798239b091cda43dca0
> > > /data/home/jason/important/EICAR.COM
> >
> > My output looks like this:
> >
> > -rw-r--r--  1 root  users  68 May 20 09:33 EICAR.COM
> > MD5 (EICAR.COM) = a5eb4a9756016b6f39f70cf9ab49b2a5
> >
> > Should the MD5 output be identical to yours? Also, my byte
> size is only 68
> > bytes. I am still using only an evaluation copy. I am not
> sure if that could
> > be an issue. Pl let me know if any of the differences you see are
> > significant.
>
> I've got a carriage return on mine which explains why mine is
> one byte larger.  When I correct this the MD5 checksum is
> still different to yours.  It looks like you have not created
> the file properly.
>
> I'll zip up my EICAR.COM and e-mail it to you offlist.
>
> Jason.

Your file was right. I was missing a hyphen in my file. Thanks for sending
it out. Now, I got a bounced reply from amavis saying it found the EICAR
test file virus. Also, as it always happens, I found a couple of detections
of the "W32/Klez.h@MM" virus almost simultaneously, thus confirming that my
setup is indeed working fine.

Thanks again for your assistance.

Raja