Date:      Tue, 27 Apr 2010 10:13:51 +0300
From:      Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@ceid.upatras.gr>
To:        Gary Kline <kline@thought.org>
Subject:   Re: reoeating, which port offers "blog-style" feedbak?

On Mon, 26 Apr 2010 14:48:49 -0700, Gary Kline <kline@thought.org> wrote:
> Guys,
>
> I'm creating another virt website and intend to publish things that
> users could respond to.  It is also time to rethink my "JOTTINGS"
> thoughts and put each of the 15 sections|chapters into a format where
> readers could give feedback.  Whether we have all the ports is one
> question; whether these would be portable to the Linux or MAC OS-10,
> are other issues.

One of the ways to foster a community around a set of writings is to set
up a small special-purpose Wiki.  There are dozens of Wiki engines and
different implementations out there.  Some of them include support for
exotic and complex authentication setups.  Others thrive precisely on
the *lack* of user accounts and permissions.

For a set of jottings that are mostly personal thoughts written with the
express purpose of inviting commentary, or even editing, enriching and
powerful contributions by others, I'd definitely go the way of a Wiki.
It is one of the ways that works admirably well when inviting others to
write in a collaborative, co-operative, and community-driven spirit.

I personally like the OddMuse wiki engine.  It's what I run as the main
page of my laptop's http://localhost/ interface.  There are many other
Wiki engines out there though.  Have a look at the Wikipedia page that
lists Wiki implementations and pick one that you like.