Date:      Sat, 3 Dec 2016 12:59:38 +1100
From:      Greg 'groggy' Lehey <grog@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Dave Horsfall <dave@horsfall.org>
Cc:        FreeBSD Ports <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: FOCAL

--LSp5EJdfMPwZcMS1

On Saturday,  3 December 2016 at 11:40:36 +1100, Dave Horsfall wrote:
> Be there an implementation of FOCAL?  I have a hankering to get back to my
> early programming days :-)

Heh.  I have a paper tape from my first year at uni somewhere in the
mess on my desk.  It's been there for at least 10 years, and it's
short enough for it to be practical to read it in by eye, but I
haven't got more than a third of the way through.  It's in FOCAL-69,
and does some world-shattering calculations like mean and standard
deviation.  It would be fun to run it again--once.

Greg
--
Sent from my desktop computer.
Finger grog@FreeBSD.org for PGP public key.