Date:      Thu, 29 May 1997 22:12:04 +0200
From:      j@uriah.heep.sax.de (J Wunsch)
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org (FreeBSD hackers)
Cc:        tom@tomqnx.com (Tom Torrance at home)
Subject:   Re: HP 6020 Problems

As Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:

> That's weird, since I also just got a 6020i to replace my deceased
> 4020i (the HP CDRs have a pretty short lifetime, it must be said) and

Hmm.  I wonder whether you've got problems with the cooling then?  My
old Plasmon is still working well, and it's probably even older than
your HP 4020i has been.  (Although i guess you're burning a lot more
than me.)

Tom's problem is apparently that he's got a _6020_, not a _6020i_.  I
didn't even know there were two different guys, it's easy to modify
the 6020i entry so it catches both devices.

> it was just plug-n-play.  Joerg: Did you add something post 2.2.1 to
> support the 6020 drive a bit more seamlessly?

The only known big problem in 2.2 was that you need to reload the
medium after any operation.  This has been fixed by Jean-Marc removing
the `scsi_stop_medium()' calls, but this fix is not yet on the 2.2
branch.

--
cheers, J"org