Date:      Mon, 06 Nov 2006 06:48:28 -0500
From:      Lonnie Cumberland <lonnie@outstep.com>
To:        Garrett Cooper <youshi10@u.washington.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: MAC OS X connection to FreeBSD?

Thanks everyone for the replay to my post as it did finally occur to me
that perhaps this question had been asked on the mailing list, but
unfortunately it occurred to me after I sent it.

So, basically the Apple team took FreeBSD and the CM micro-kernel,
combined them, made some improvements and added some additional code and
then used it all as the MAC OS X core (without the GUI of course)?

With this being said, then does anyone have any experience with the
stability and performance?

My guess is that if it is really based upon FreeBSD then the performance
should be pretty good from my readings about FreeBSD compared to other
operating systems.

Thanks again to everyone,
Cheers,
Lonnie