Date:      Mon, 23 Oct 2006 16:04:15 -0500
From:      <Johannes.Kruger@nokia.com>
To:        <supportsobaka@mail.ru>
Cc:        freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: Re[2]: SR1500 + 5000PAL + SAS backplane - no RAID support

Hmmm, maybe you have the same problem I have with the LSI-1064E .
I was able to see a disk though, even though the RAID did not come up.
I had to enable the port otherwise the IOC page 2 did not indicate max
disks of non-zero, and also not valid RAID info.
It also did not help when I executed (enabled the port) afterwards ...
strange, you might ask Matthew's opinion on this , I just recently
ported his driver to FreeBSD 2.2.X (including required CAM code) for a
project I am working on, I did not develop it.

In the file mpt.c (location /usr/src/sys/dev/mpt/mpt.c) I had to make a
change to enable the port, otherwise the RAID will not get probed
because the pages do not contain valid info.

Go to function mpt_enable_ioc.
Scroll down until you see this snippet:
------------------------- snippet
        /*
         * Enable the port if asked. This is only done if we're
resetting
         * the IOC after initial startup.
         */

        //if (portenable) {
        if (1) {
                /*
                 * Enable asynchronous event reporting
                 */
                //jjk moved it down a bit ?
                //mpt_send_event_request(mpt, 1);

                if (mpt_send_port_enable(mpt, 0) !=3D MPT_OK) {
                        printf("failed to enable port 0\n");
                        return (ENXIO);
                }
                mpt_send_event_request(mpt, 1); //jjkhack=20
        }

        return (MPT_OK);

Change from:
if (portenable) {
change to:
if (1) {

You will se I moved down the mpt_send_event_request, but you do not need
to do that.

Johan

.