Date:      Fri, 25 May 2007 04:55:05 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Arne "Wörner" <arne_woerner@yahoo.com>
To:        Nick Gustas <freebsd-fs@tychl.net>
Cc:        freebsd-fs@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Growing UFS beyond 2 TB

--- Nick Gustas <freebsd-fs@tychl.net> wrote:
> Anyhow, I made the three changes you mentioned, and growfs still
> compiles clean,

Does that mean, that there r no warnings?

> and runs with proper display, but running fsck -y on the
> grown file system scrolls for a long time with tons of errors and
> eventually bombs out asking me to run it again. running it again doesn't
> help.

Did u try to run the original R6.2 growfs on a smaller fs? I have heard, that
growfs has a general malfunction, so that it produces things, that fsck finds
funny... If u repeat fsck often, those warnings will disapear... :-))

> I've updated
>
> http://masq.tychl.net/growfs.patch
>
> with the changes you suggested.
>
> Keep in mind I'm no C programmer, but I can follow direction and would
> love to see growfs 2+TB clean :)

Yup - its ok... I dont know so much about UFS, too... I was just wondering a

-Arne

to amazing places on Yahoo! Travel.
http://travel.yahoo.com/