Date:      Tue, 21 Feb 2006 20:55:25 -0500
From:      "Rong-En Fan" <grafan@gmail.com>
To:        "Balgansuren Batsukh" <balgaa@mongol.net>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: IBM x236 with Serveraid

On 2/21/06, Balgansuren Batsukh <balgaa@mongol.net> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> We installed FreeBSD-6.0-RELEASE and cvsuped to STABLE.
>
> We configured machine as IPFW+NAT and installed SQUID+SQUIDGUARD+DANSGUAR=
DIAN.

> It works well under light load, but on heavy load suddenly no response wh=
ole machine.

> We guess FreeBSD-6.0 doesn't support ServeRaid-7k/7t on IBM eSeries x236 =
server.

We have IBM two eserver xSeries 236 (Model 8841) running 5.4-STABLE.
The ServeRAID 7k works good:

ips0: <Adaptec ServeRAID Adapter> mem 0xcfffd000-0xcfffdfff irq 38 at
device 14.0 on pci3
ips0: logical drives: 1
ips0: Logical Drive 0: RAID1 sectors: 860239872, state OK
ipsd0: <Logical Drive> on ips0
ipsd0: Logical Drive  (420039MB)

rafan.

> How can we to solve problem? Is there anyway to get work/support ServeRAI=
D-7k/7t controller?

> I check most of FreeBSD mailing list archive and search on google. Didn't=
 find any good answer of above question.