Date:      Mon, 12 Mar 2001 10:11:41 +0100
From:      Edwin Groothuis <edwin@mavetju.org>
To:        Craig Hill <craigze@pacbell.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Hi

On Sun, Mar 11, 2001 at 06:01:20PM -0800, Craig Hill wrote:
> Hi,
>  I just bought FreeBSD 4.2 four cd-rom set.  I was looking through
> the cd's I have and was wondering where the uncompiled full source
> code is for the OS.  Let me know so I know where it is.

It's on the cd's. During the install (I assume you installed it)
you were asked what you would want to install: user, X-user,
developer and so on. If you choose anything without developer you
wouldn't get the sources installed. If you want to install them
anyway: /stand/sysinstall -> Configure -> Distributions -> something.

If you have the cd (which you do :-), the source is in the src/
directory, as splitted-tarred-gzipped files. Use cat, tar and gunzip
to read them!

Edwin

--
Edwin Groothuis   |              Personal website: http://www.MavEtJu.org