Date:      Fri, 9 Jan 1998 21:29:54 +0200 (EET)
From:      Penisoara Adrian <ady@warpnet.ro>
To:        David Greenman <dg@root.com>
Cc:        Kevin Day <toasty@home.dragondata.com>, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Fatal trap 12 & debugging info ??

Hi,

On Wed, 7 Jan 1998, David Greenman wrote:

> >>  For quite a while I'm bugged by sudden panics/reboots (all of them are
> >> 'fatal trap 12'); here it is the last one I had (hand rewritten):
> >>
> >> ============================================================
> >>
> >> Fatal trap 12: page fault while in kernel mode
[...]
> >I've had about 5 panics about exactly the same....
> >
> >A trace shows free, execve, syscall, xsyscall then the debugger locks up
> >before showing any more...
>
>    There was a bug in execve() that was fixed recently that would have
> looked like this. You need rev 1.70 or newer of /sys/kern/kern_exec.c.

 I've manually patched kern_exec.c (rev 1.69 introduced a <pioctl.h>
include and a STOPEVENT() call, make depend wasn't so happy with those)
and now I'm awaiting... hoping it won't panic anymore :)

 BTW, I can't find PR#5313 (GNATS didn't find it, or I'm not using the
right query params) that "bde" made reference to in r1.70 CVS log; any
kind soul care to help me finding it ?

> -DG
>
> David Greenman
> Core-team/Principal Architect, The FreeBSD Project

 Thank you very much.

 Ady (@warpnet.ro)
 Warp Net Technologies