Date:      Mon, 19 Apr 2004 18:34:06 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Doug White <dwhite@gumbysoft.com>
To:        Josef El-Rayes <josef@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: small note to GENERIC for isa dependency

On Wed, 14 Apr 2004, Josef El-Rayes wrote:

> hi!
>
> i just noticed that removing 'device isa' with 'device npx' still enabled
> results in a break of the kernel build.
>
> as i did not find any hint in GENERIC or NOTES i was wondering whether i should
> wrtie a short hint and if so, how it should look like.

You want to do the same thing for pci?  There's a LOT of stuff that
depends on that! :)  I don't think that trying to add comments to keep
people from doing really dumb thing with config files is doing to fix the
problem.  Theres a reason we have a whole section in the Handbook on
kernel configuration, and we still have people doing dumb things :)

Also note there is a "don't remove this" comment on npx, which you would
think keep people from screwing around with it to much.

dwhite@gumbysoft.com          |  www.FreeBSD.org