Date:      Sat, 28 Dec 2013 19:01:47 +0000
From:      Markus Pfeiffer <markus.pfeiffer@morphism.de>
To:        freebsd-arm@freebsd.org
Subject:   FreeBSD 10 on Dockstar (Marvell Kirkwood)

--jq0ap7NbKX2Kqbes

Hi all,

I was trying to run FreeBSD 10 RC on a Marvell Kirkwood based Dockstar. It
boots up fine and everything, but the Gbit network adapter does not work.
It runs into watchdog timeouts and/or produces internet storms on the rx and
tx interrupts.

Since the driver itself hasn't changed since 9.1 (which is the last working
version I have), I suspect that something else (DMA?) was changed in the
meantime. I prodded aroudn what's happening in the driver.

Any pointers as to where to look for the problem? I prodded around what
happens in the driver and it seems that DMA doesn't work properly (descript=
ors
are set up etc, tx interrupt happens, but the descritor is still owned by t=
he
DMA).=20

Cheers,

Markus